Thursday, April 15, 2010

Food for Thought Fundraiser

This past weekend Malcolm and I participated in the Food for Thought fundraiser at the University. It is a yearly fundraiser in which the community purchases a ticket to come and taste food from local amateur chefs and also there are silent auctions that local businesses donated goods and services to as well. This year I was asked if I was willing to provide cheesecakes for tasting so I spent a bit of time last week preparing over 400 mini cheesecakes for the tastings as well as a couple large ones for decoration. I made Mocha Cappuccino, Dulce de Leche/Caramel and Chocolate and everything went over well with chocolate being the least favorite...unfortunately that was the one I made the most of so we had a number of those left over. Here are some photos of our table as well as a few from the event.

Oh, and a sincere thankyou to Grandma who came to watch the kids while I baked and while Malcolm and I were at the event. Her help was very much appreciated and the girls had a lot of fun too!








No comments: