Saturday, May 15, 2010

Mead Pancake Feed

This morning I helped at the Mead Wildlife Area for a pancake fundraiser. Christine and the girls showed up a couple of hours later and I was no longer needed as a volunteer. So we had breakfast and hung around the property for the next three hours for personal enjoyment.

Laura and Samantha Lee (Friends from work) were there at the same time and all of us enjoyed a wagon tour of the property. We haven't been out birding much, and as such it provided me an opportunity to see a Yellow Warbler, Wilson's Warbler, Eastern Kingbird, and a Black Tern for the first time this year.

After the ride, Christine took some pictures while the rest of us went for a short walk. The weather was awesome and I got too much sun on my face today. Tomorrow is supposed to be just as nice and I am headed to Beuna Vista Grasslands birding early in the morning, wish me luck! Then is back to Marshfield for graduation at noon, the year is wrapping up quickly. For the time being, here are birds from today.







No comments: