Monday, November 10, 2008

Tranquility

For those of you that don't know, I am on the Job Market this year. This means that I am working harder than I would prefer and get to worry about job application materials, interviews, and future prospects more than normal. I am not going to blog about this as it is still early and I really don't know much yet, but I did want to describe my current state of mind so that you fully can appreciate what follows.

Danielle is at the age where a little bit of my attention is returned more than ten fold. My smiles, eye contact, and talking to Danielle is almost always returned with her cooing, smiling, and a look of complete appreciation. In those brief moments I completely forget about my worries, commitments, and other everyday tasks. It is so awesome feeling this natural boost and euphoria as a parent, giving me a general appreciation of life, and reminding me of three beautiful women in my life.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

That is so sweet!!