Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Uncle Steve & Aunt Steve

This past weekend we were able to spend time in Wisconsin Dells with Uncle Steve and Aunt Aubrey. However, Michaela has troubles saying Aubrey's name and soon Michaela was saying Steve for both of them. Michaela has continued this back in Madison, looking at pictures of Aubrey or Steve she calls out Steve. (Sorry Aubrey, guess I passed that along to her.)

It was the first chance for both of them to meet Danielle as well, and I think everyone is more laid back with the second kid than with the first. Need evidence, look at the blackmail material on Aunt Aubrey below.

We got back to Madison with Uncle Steve's goggles. Michaela kindly modeled them and counted for me. Realistically it was the only way I got her to do something with her hands other than pull the goggles off. By the way, do you want your goggles back?

I am working on getting more job applications out. I am trusting that I will be able to complete everything in the coming months, first obtaining a job and secondly completing and defending my dissertation. Some days I am more worried about it than others, but at this point what does worrying actually get me?

1 comment:

Aubrey said...

If I didn't know about the rest of the wonderful time we enjoyed together, I'd say I'm a HORRIBLE auntie!! :) We had SOOOO much fun w/you and all three of your girls. What a blessing to our family; can't wait for December!
p.s. Worrying is like a rocking chair; it doesn't get you anywhere! God's hand is on your path.