Sunday, June 16, 2013

A week in the life of Michaela & Danielle: June 15th 2013


Today was the fifth day since the girls said bye to Christine when she hopped in the car with Cindy, Chris, and Caroline for Connecticut. We're missing her greatly, but all in love and happy they are able to visit the east coast family. 

Danielle had a rough night and was constantly waking with nightmares and kicked, screamed, and cried a handful of times last night.  I felt bad for her and was awake more than any parent wants to be between 2 and 6 in the morning. When Danielle got out of bed at 7 and laid down crying on the living room I was hoping that she was not sick.  Michaela slept for another hour but we snuggled the morning away watching cartoons.

Lunch was a colorful plate; salad, broccoli, and noodles...three items from the pantry and refrigerator.  The girls didn't like strawberries on a salad with dressing however.


Luckily Danielle is not sick, rather just tired and in currently seriously missing mom. Michaela is close in tow. Michaela told me yesterday that she wished that I had left instead of mom, not because she didn't love me but because she is really missing Christine.  Today Danielle told me it is boring with me and that she only wanted mom. 

After lunch the girls grew tired of each other and starting fighting over what they thought the other person said. Neither was correct but that doesn't matter when emotions are involved. Danielle's timeout lasted an hour and Michaela's was only 20 minutes.  In our wait for Danielle to join us Michaela tried her hand with the camera timer setting.

We took a walk around the house taking flowers pictures that may be done blooming before Christine returns, courtesy of Michaela the photographer.

 
             

I wonder how many parents are willing to admit that McDonald's play land can be a saving grace. After an hour and ice cream, luck brought a preschool classmate and another hour of play without incident.  The girls went to sleep quickly tonight and I hope they will be rested and in a better mood tomorrow for Father's Day brunch and play date.  I have a great appreciation for my wonderful wife and her ability to do this everyday, she is a saint.

2 comments:

Aubrey said...

Happy Father's day Charlie! this made me beam.

Christine said...

Thank you so much for blogging while I am away. It is so nice seeing about your day while I am gone. I miss the girls terribly as well and wish I could be there to help you.

Happy Father's Day!!!